Latest in PSA MIMAROPA

Fisheries Situation In MIMAROPA April to June 2020

Monday, June 28, 2021

In the second quarter of 2020, the total volume of fish production in MIMAROPA Region was estimated at 92,037.26 metric tons. This translated to a share of 7.82 percent in the overall fish production of the country.

May 2021 Inflation Report of MIMAROPA (Base Year: 2012)

2021SR12
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
The headline inflation rate at the regional level eased at 5.1 percent in May 2021, or a change of 0.7 percentage point from the inflation rate in the previous month. This was the first slowdown of inflation rate registered since October 2020. In the same month of the previous year, it was posted at 3.1 percent. The downtrend of inflation in May 2021 was driven by the combined deceleration of selected commodity groups such as the heavily-weighted food and non-alcoholic beverages.

2021 Updating of the List of Establishments

2021-06
Tuesday, June 8, 2021

First Quarter 2021 Corn Situation in MIMAROPA Preliminary Results

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Total volume of corn production in the MIMAROPA Region was estimated at 46,956.23 metric tons in January-March 2021. Among provinces in the region, Occidental Mindoro’s corn production of 40,820.45 metric tons for the first quarter of 2021 recorded the highest share of about 86.93 percent in the regional production of corn. This was followed by production in Palawan of 5,617.00 metric tons with a corresponding 11.96 percent share in the regional corn production. Meanwhile, the combined corn production from Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, and Romblon of 518.78 metric tons was only accounted to 1.10 percent share in the MIMAROPA’s total corn production.

First Quarter 2021 Palay Situation in MIMAROPA Preliminary Results

2021SR09
Monday, May 31, 2021

Total volume of palay production in the MIMAROPA Region was estimated at 276,280 metric tons in January-March 2021. The top producers of palay in the region were Palawan (116,098 metric tons), Oriental Mindoro (83,908 metric tons) and Occidental Mindoro (50,945 metric tons) that comprises to 90.8 percent share in the regional production of palay. Meanwhile, the remaining 9.2 percent of the regional production of palay came from Romblon (17,298 metric tons) and Marinduque (8,031 metric tons).